Certified Professional Translation

Certified Professional Translation of Driver’s Licence,

Various Type of Certificates and Nonstandard Documents

In many situations you will need to provide certified translated into English to the government or institutions, no matter what type of visa you apply for and how long you plan to stay in Australia, if you are from a non-English speaking country.

Aussie Translation Services provides professional translation service with high quality and confidentiality. The service includes translation of driver’s licence, various type of certificates and nonstandard documents. Certificates and standard documents translations are available for different type of visa applications, including study, work, marriage and skilled migration.

Main categories are as follows:

  • graduation certificate, student card, transcript, resume and statement of purpose
  • marriage certificate, divorce certificate, medical certificate and birth certificate
  • employment certificate, income certificate, article association and balance sheet
  • verdict, indictment, summons, real estate registration, affirmation and expertise report

Apart from the above certificates, most people also need a translated driver’s licence. If you want to arrange a road trip, car rental companies can be found in many cities and airports. Keep in mind that only people who are over 21 years old and holding a valid driver’s licence can rent a car. Online service is available for booking a rental car in many places. Please remember to bring the confirmation letter, your driver’s licence with original and translated version and an international card to sign the contract at the car rental place.

It is very important that you comply with Australian road rules when driving. Breaching the rules will affect the application of citizenship.

Key driving rules and regulations in Australia are as follows:

  • drive on the left-hand side
  • comply with random breath test
  • blood alcohol concentration (BAC) limit is 0.05%
  • no cell phone use while driving
  • speed limit for highway is 100 – 110 km/h

If you are a temporary visa holder with student visa, tourist visa or work visa in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia or Tasmania, you are allowed to drive across states in Australia with a certified driver’s licence. The expiry date will be the same as your original driver’s licence, which can be renewed in your home country and translated after you come back to Australia.

In New South Wales, rules apply to drivers can vary depending on their identities. Certified driver’s licence is recognised by the police, court and taxi companies if you are studying, travelling, visiting family, working or accompanying a student visa holder as a parent or relative. The driver’s licence we translate allows you to drive or rent a car without transferring it to a New South Wales licence.

However, you are required to obtain a New South Wales driver licence in three months after translating your licence if you are a permanent resident. Taiwanese driver licence holders can book with Roads & Traffic Authority for transferring their licences with a certified translation version, without going through driver knowledge test and driving test. Chinese driver licence holders will need to do the tests when transferring their licences. The translation institutions recognised by Roads & Traffic Authority are as follows:

  • Multicultural NSW https://multicultural.nsw.gov.au/
  • If you are eligible, you can apply for free translation service from Department of Social Services (DSS https://translating.homeaffairs.gov.au/en);
  • Consulate-General of the Republic of Korea and Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO), Sydney (applicable for Taiwanese and Korean driver licence holders).
Scroll to Top